These Terms and Conditions apply to all customers purchasing courses from Michigan Virtual University (MVU). All customers must acknowledge and accept these Terms and Conditions before MVU can supply the products/services requested through its Michigan Virtual School (MVS). Submission of any enrollment order or shopping cart within the Customer and Enrollment Management System (CEMS) shall indicate customer’s full understanding and agreement to the prices, refund/credit policies and terms associated with said products/services.
Customer further understands, acknowledges and accepts that:
- The listed student(s) will not be granted access to the purchased course(s) by MVU staff until either full payment by credit card, PayPal account, check or money order (in U.S. funds) or an institutionally issued Purchase Order has been received and successfully processed.
- Authorized credit card (PayPal) payments will be approved without delay. If your student(s) need quick access to MVS courses, you should pay with a credit card or PayPal account or via Purchase Order if eligible.
- Your check or money order payment must be received within 30 calendar days of placing the order; student(s) will not be granted access to the course(s) until payment has been received and processed.
- Parents must pay by credit card, PayPal account, check or money order.
- Schools and other education service providers should refer to the Purchase Order section below for important details on PO invoicing and payment.
The Michigan Virtual School has established that enrollments earning 60% or more of the total course points are considered a course completion. If a district cannot accept MVU’s stated course completion of 60% or more of the total course points, then the district is advised to not enroll students in MVS courses.
The MVU drop policy recognizes that changes may need to be made during the enrollment period and districts and parents need some flexibility to get students into the right course. Enrollments that are dropped before the drop deadline will be given a full refund. Each enrollment confirmation email will contain the specific drop date; drop dates are also published in the online catalog in CEMS.
Each course has a defined drop date, which is dependent and determined by the course start date.
Customers paying with PayPal, credit card or check/money order will be refunded by MVU within 30 calendar days from the date of the drop.
School districts that use a purchase order or customers that are participating in a Consortium will only pay for actual enrollments at the time of invoice. Any dropped enrollments will not be charged for on the invoice, therefore eliminating any refund payment.
Withdrawals after the Drop Deadline Date
Public and nonpublic school customers that withdraw a student after the drop deadline are charged the full cost of the enrollment depending on the student’s completion rate at the time of withdrawal.
School Purchase Orders
School districts that use a Purchase Order to place an MVU order will be invoiced for each enrollment after the related drop and grace period(s) have passed. The district will be invoiced for all enrollments plus any drop fees, if applicable. Payment is due within 30 calendar days from the date of the invoice. Failure to issue timely payment to MVU may result in suspension of enrollment rights and/or removal of students from classes for whom payment has not been received.
[Last updated November 3, 2015]