Michigan Virtual University is hiring newly graduated secondary educators in all certification areas. Individuals with dual certifications are highly desirable.
The iEducator 21st Century Digital Learning Corps is designed for recent graduates of Michigan teacher preparation programs ready to jump start their career with a paid, two-year digital learning teaching assignment.
This program is designed to be a career- and life-changing experience. iEducators will participate in a two-year teaching program involving job-embedded professional development, mentoring and digital learning experiences. iEducators gain valuable teaching skills for any educational environment, including use of technology in innovative ways to reach all students and help students achieve their goals..
Principals and district officials will know that iEducators are not simply certified teachers, but instructors with a proven track record of 21st-century teaching skills.
The selected iEducators will begin with a four-week training program in May 2017, exposing them to key concepts of online teaching, MVU employee orientation and application of technology to be used during online teaching. Teaching experience will begin with Summer 2017 courses.
Why become an iEducator?
- Experience two years of online teaching with Michigan Virtual School, beginning May 2017
- Full-time, competitive salary, plus benefits; the ability to work from home with minimal travel requirements to the Lansing office upon completion of onboarding
- Extensive professional development, including a weekly webinar series based on the iNACOL standards for online instruction combined with blogging assignments to showcase learning and growth (ieducators.edublogs.org)
- Blended learning experiences in classrooms with successful teachers from Michigan State University’s Masters of Arts in Educational Technology program
- Attendance and presentation opportunities at leading-edge state and national conferences
- One-on-one coaching and mentorship with a veteran MVS lead educator while connecting with teachers around the state
- Earn 150 State Continuing Education Clock Hours by the end of the program
- Become an innovator and leader in education while making a difference in the lives of students all over the state