Michigan Virtual University is hiring newly graduated secondary educators in all certification areas. Individuals with dual certifications are highly desirable.
The iEducator 21st Century Digital Learning Corps is designed for recent graduates of Michigan teacher preparation programs ready to jump start their career with a paid, two-year digital learning teaching assignment.
This program is designed to be a career and life-changing experience, a combination of service, work experience, training and resume building.
iEducators will participate in a two-year program involving professional learning, mentoring
and digital instructional experiences. Additionally, teachers who complete the full commitment will become graduates of the
prestigious MVU iEducator
21st Century Digital
Principals and district officials will know that iEducators are not simply certified teachers, but instructors with a proven track record of 21st century teaching skills.
The selected iEducators begins with a five-week training program, exposing iEducators to key concepts
of online teaching, MVU employee orientation, and application of technology to be used during online
teaching. iEducators will put their skills right to work teaching MVS summer courses.
iEducator Employment Benefits/Details
- Service agreement: two years of online teaching with Michigan Virtual School, beginning Summer 2016
- Full-time, competitive salary, plus benefits
- Work from home with minimal travel requirements to the Lansing office upon completion of onboarding
- Professional development in online and blended learning
- Attendance and presentation opportunities at leading-edge state and national conferences
- One-on-one coaching by a veteran MVS online educator
- Weekly live webinars for additional professional development
- Earn State Continuing Education Clock Hours (six semester hours, 150 SCECHs) by the end of the program